Swing Patrol's Home Sessions features a huge variety of dance content: Lindy hop, Solo Charleston, Balboa, Shag, sl… https://t.co/jkorGkrJzi
Update October 2021Swing Patrol Oakleigh plans to re-open in February 2022. To allow for maximum accessibility, we of course need to wait for the 90% double vaccinated threshold (no DQs, no capacity limits, masks not required in most indoor settings) but we also need to understand what “living with the virus” looks like before we can confidently resume group partner dancing in our community again. Updates will be published on the website and social media announcing when we can resume classes, and the procedures we will have in place.Please also read about Swing Patrol’s Covid Safe Plan
Every Tuesday night we’ll be swinging the south-east.
* Weekly Level 1 classes.
* We will change partners through the class, as experience shows dancing with a variety of partners improves the learning experience. Of course, if you bring a dance partner and choose not to change partners, we completely understand, and will manage the class accordingly.
7:30pm – 8:30pm: Level 1
Casual classes, no courses, no previous experience required, all welcome! We go over the basics every lesson and add new moves every week so you can start any time that suits you.
If you’re keen to get started or want to work on your basic technique, this is the class for you.
For those with previous experience in Level 1 classes, this will be a great way to brush off the cobwebs and find your feet again – we’ll have a few challenges for those ready to push themselves.
We welcome you to stick around after the lesson for social dancing/practice time, a chance to catch up with classmates and ask questions of the teachers. The best way to improve as a dancer is to dance!
Swing Patrol and Covid Safety
Swing Patrol will take the following precautions to prioritize the safety of students, teachers and the wider community.
* DO NOT come to class if you are unwell, if experiencing any Covid symptoms, if you have been in contact with a positive Covid case or have recently been at an identified exposure site. Refunds will be available if you need to cancel due to illness/Covid Safety.
* QR code check-in is mandatory at every class, even if you have pre-booked online. Please have your smart phone with you. Our teachers or door staff can help if your phone can’t access QR code.
* Everyone will sanitise hands upon entry to and exit from the venue, and sanitiser is available for use whenever you wish throughout the class. You may wish to bring your own mini hand sanitiser to use during class, to speed up the process.
* No shared water or food, no water glasses provided, no mints or lollies/snacks. BYO water bottle.
* We ask that you observe and comply with signage displayed at the venue, as we must operate in accordance with South Oakleigh Bowls Club’s Covid Safe Plan.
* Please adhere to physical distancing protocols at all times when not on “the field of play” (ie. the dance floor). Please avoid congregating indoors if possible, and consider changing shoes outside of the venue.
* Face Masks should be worn in accordance with current DHHS guidelines. Where masks are not mandated, attendees may choose to wear a mask at any time before, during or after class. Note that masks are not recommended when out of breath or puffing from strenuous exercise (eg. dancing) and that masks are less effective when damp. Always handle masks with care and do not dispose of your mask at the venue.
Click here to read more about Swing Patrol’s Covid Safe Plan.
Cancellations and Refunds
DO NOT come to the class if you are unwell, if experiencing any Covid symptoms, if you have been in contact with a positive Covid case or have recently been at an identified exposure site. If a pre-booking has been made, Swing Patrol will provide a full refund. Contact email@example.com
If a Teacher is unable to attend due to illness/Covid Safety, and a substitute teacher cannot be found, the class may be cancelled at short notice. Students will be contacted via booking information and via social media to advise of class cancellation. Pre-bookings will be refunded if Swing Patrol cancels a class.
Due to current density restrictions, numbers are strictly limited. Therefore, if you wish to cancel for a reason other than illness/Covid Safety, refunds are not possible without 48 hours notice as we may have turned away other dancers. Thanks for understanding.
Where applicable, a full or partial refund (less administration fee) may be available up to close of registrations, if cancelling for a reason other than illness/Covid Safety. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
After close of registration, no refunds will be issued, unless cancelling due to illness/Covid Safety.
What about Level 2?
As we resume lessons after such a long, enforced hiatus, we will work toward a time in the not too distant future when we can run a thriving intermediate level class. In the meantime, our 7.30pm lesson will offer challenge exercises for dancers with some experience who are returning to class after the Covid break.
Follow us on Instagram for more fun: @swingpatrol_oakleigh