Blues dancing? Don't mind if I do. Classes and social dancing on Sundays at The Exford Hotel in Melbourne's CBD.… https://t.co/hNgtlrSv0u
FLIP, FLOP, FLY – Beginner aerials workshop
Get some air! Beginner swing aerials for all level dancers
Do you want to THROW some classic lindy hop air steps into your dancing? Here’s the perfect workshop for any dancer interested in learning some swing dance aerials. Suitable for dancers of all levels – whether you’re a new Level 1 dancer or an experienced Level 4 dancer (and anything in between.) Sarah and Anthony Wheaton have been teaching aerials for over 10 years in Australia and internationally – so you’ll be in very experienced and safe hands. They’ve chosen 6 exciting aerials to teach over the course of the day – grab a partner join in for some or all of them!
SCHEDULE and CONTENT
Session 1: 10:30am – 12:30pm
1) Warm up and dynamic stretching
2) POP JUMP
3) SPLITS DROP
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch break
Session 2: 1:30pm – 3:30pm
1) Warm up and dynamic stretching
2) THROW OUT
3) THE FRANKIE
4) LEFT HOOK
COSTS and REGISTERING
** Please note: You MUST attend this workshop with a partner. You can both register separately, but you may only participate if both partners attend. **
Option A: pre-bookings
$48 per person per session or $90 for both sessions when pre-booking through TryBooking.
Registrations will close Thursday 9th July at 5pm.
(Note that TryBooking is not an app and won’t work properly from a phone or other device. Best to get onto a computer to register.)
Registrations open now!
Option B: casual attendance
$55 per person per session or $100 for both sessions for casual attendance paid in cash on the day – no need to register.
FAQs and Other Information I Need to Know
* This workshop is suitable for all level dancers. The aerials in the schedule are beginner level moves, classic lindy hop air steps which can look impressive when done by dancers of any level. Sarah & Anthony will teach basic technique and provide important tips on how to dance aerials safely. Some experience with swing dancing would be useful, but not essential. You can do both sessions, or just one if you prefer to pace yourself and take it a little easier.
* You MUST register and attend with a partner, we will NOT rotate partners throughout the workshop.
* You can pre-register and pre-pay for this workshop to receive the discounted price OR you can pay cash on the day for casual attendance. Both partners can pre-register, or both pay on the day, or one can pre-register and one pay on the day. But you MUST attend this workshop with a partner.
* What do I wear?
Shoes comfortable for dancing (flat shoes – sneakers are best.)
Comfortable clothing that you can really move about in. It’s best for leads and follows to wear tops with sleeves (to avoid skin on skin friction where possible).
Jeans, singlets and clothing with buckles or items that can catch are not advised. Pants are generally preferable for the flyers (usually girls) as you will be going upside-down!
* What do I bring on the day?
Water, small towel, deodorant, mints, snacks, lunch, and loads of energy!
* Any other questions?
Any questions, email email@example.com
Sarah and Anthony Wheaton have been swing dancing for many years, performing and competing with great success in Australian and international events. Teaching since 2001, they have conducted many aerials workshops locally and overseas, and are recognised as two of Australian’s best Lindy Hoppers.
Watch them in high-flying action here.Book Now!