Upcoming workshops & events 😍 Unmissable social dancing dates 💃 Tips, links & legends ⭐️ Get the latest goss in… https://t.co/uBLDFoorja
It’s High Time For Fly Time
Fancy more fabulous flying? Join two of Australia’s most experienced swing dance instructors and performers, Sarah Wheaton and Andy Fodor, learn some next level aerials, and how to incorporate them into jams and performances.
Sarah & Andy have a wealth of experience and are passionate about great aerials. This is an exciting part of the dance we love so maybe it’s time to push yourself to the next level.
Frankie Manning’s eyes would light up talking about air steps – they’re a truly iconic part of the dance and really good fun too! In this workshop you’ll get to work on some often-requested, show-stopping moves.
SCHEDULE and CONTENT
11.45am: Arrival and Check-in
12.00 – 12.30pm: warm up and skills
12.30 – 2.00pm: session 1) Sneaky passage + Pancake + Jam
2.30 – 4.00pm session 2) Snatch + Shrimp roll + Jam
4.00 – 4.15pm warm down
COSTS and REGISTERING
** Please note: You MUST attend this workshop with a partner. **
Online pre-bookings only
$180 per couple
The only registration option is a Pair Pass, access for one lead and one follow (or one base and one flyer) for the full day.
Attendance is by online registration only. Pre-booking online via Trybooking.
Note that TryBooking is not an app, and may not work well on smart phones or other devices — top tip is to register on a computer.
Registrations will close at 5pm Friday 6 April 2018.
** NOTE: Places are strictly limited and aerials workshops often sell out
– book early to secure your place.
FAQs and Other Information I Need to Know
* This workshop is suitable for intermediate level swing dancers with some aerials experience. Participants should be comfortable with the fundamentals of swing dancing (6 beat, 8 beat swingout, Charleston.)
Please note that the aerials taught in this workshop will require participants to be comfortable with fully sharing and supporting their partner’s weight.
* You MUST attend with a partner, we will NOT rotate partners throughout the workshop.
* Attendees must pre-register as a Pair online prior to the closing date (Fri 6 Apr). Only registered attendees will be admitted, no door sales on the day for this workshop.
* Full day passes only – the progression of aerials is designed to ensure you have the foundation skills to safely and confidently undertake the more advanced material. Sorry, no single session option.
* What do I wear?
Shoes comfortable for dancing (flat shoes – supportive sneakers are best.) We recommend you bring sports shoes or runners with a good sole, particularly for landing the Neck Flip.
Comfortable clothing that you can really move about in. It’s best for leads and follows to wear tops with sleeves (to avoid skin on skin friction where possible).
Jeans, singlets and clothing with buckles or items that can catch are not advised. Pants are generally preferable for the flyers as you will be going upside-down!
* What do I bring on the day?
Water, small towel, deodorant, mints, snacks, and loads of energy!
* Any other questions?
Any questions, email email@example.com
Sarah Wheaton and Andy Fodor both have a wealth of experience teaching regular classes and specialised workshops locally, across Australia and internationally. As founding members of Echoes of Harlem, Melbourne’s premiere swing dance troupe, they have countless hours of aerials training behind them, and have performed awe-inspiring air steps from here to Hamer Hall!