Thursday is the last Fitzroy Blues of the year and it's going to be a banger! At 6:30pm you'll be treated to an all… https://t.co/wnV1pI030h
Club Maxie’s, Prahran
SUMMER SCHEDULE –Last class for 2018: Fri 14 DecReturn 2019: Fri 8 Feb
(graphic design by Stephanie Bradley)
6.30pm – Level 1 Collegiate Shag
Drop in any week, all welcome! No partner required. No experience necessary! Learn the basics of Collegiate Shag from some of the best Shag teachers in town.
7.30pm – Level 1 Balboa
Drop in any week, all welcome! No experience with Balboa – or indeed, any dancing – necessary! This class is aimed at total beginners or anyone looking to work on their basic Balboa technique. You don’t need to bring a partner as we will rotate partners throughout the class. Just turn up and we’ll take care of the rest.
8.30pm – Social Dancing
Great DJ music, smooth floor, cheap drinks at the bar, room to sit and socialise and snacks to boot!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will the music be like?
- The music will be general swing with a Balboa and Shag edge. Basie, Goodman, Shaw and some contemporary bands like Campus Five,Tube Skinny, Mora’s Modern Rhythmists, Michael McQuaid’s Red Hot Rhythm Makers just to name a few.
- Will all the music be Fast?
- No. Balboa and Shag, like lindy hop, can be fast, slow and everything in between. There will be a wide range of speeds.
- Can we dance lindy on the night?
- Yes, sure. We’re not the dance police; there are no restrictions on what you dance.
What is Balboa?Find out more
What is Collegiate Shag?Find out more
- Any more questions, contact us at