Do my eyes deceive me? I think I could spot Collegiate Shag twice in this clip! If you'd like to learn about Colleg… https://t.co/rYa7BuIq1e
6:30pm – 7:30pm: Level 1
These are casual, drop-in-any-week lessons, so you can start any time.
We rotate partners throughout the class, so no partner required – we’ll make you feel at home.
This class is perfect for:
1. Beginners to Balboa, or indeed to swing dancing, or any kind of partnered dancing.
2. Lindy Hop dancers who wish to develop excellent fundamentals in Balboa.
3. Balboa dancers who wish to deepen their knowledge and expand their social dance skills through learning the complementary role.
Now is a great time to attend Level 1 classes! You’ll get all the essentials for further Balboa skill development.
7:30pm – 8:30pm: Level 2
This is the next step in your Balboa journey. Once you have the fundamentals under your belt, you’re ready for more!
In Level 2 classes we focus in detail upon:
1. Further technical refinements of the ‘five Ps’ of Balboa.
2. Exciting moves and styling for both leaders and followers.
3. Social dancing skills, to improve the dance connection and communication.
Not sure if you’re ready for this level yet? Please discuss with the teachers for a recommendation.
8:30pm – 9:30pm: Performance Ball Routine 16 July – 17 Sep 2019
Learning routines is a wonderful way to upskill your dancing – pick up some new moves, understand musicality, improve your technique through practice and drilling, and have a whole lot of fun with your classmates, working together to a common goal.
At this year’s Swing Patrol Performance Ball on Sat 21 September, Richmond Balboa will dance a routine to a classic swing song, highlighting the Balboa we know and love. Even if you’re not keen to perform, there’ll be something for everyone in this routine, so join us for the journey.
Note: there will be no Slow Balboa classes during this period.
9:30pm – 10:00pm: more social dancing
The best way to improve your dancing is to get on the floor and try things out! Use this time to practice what you’ve learned, and enjoy the magic that is dancing Balboa with a partner.