Swing Patrol's Home Sessions features a huge variety of dance content: Lindy hop, Solo Charleston, Balboa, Shag, sl… https://t.co/jkorGkrJzi
Update September 2021Swing Patrol Toorak hopes to launch in late November 2021.This assumes Covid restrictions have eased and government guidelines allow for partner dancing activities.Things will operate differently than in the pre-Covid times, so please read below for details of the changes.Please also read about Swing Patrol’s Covid Safe Plan.
Swing Dancing returns to Toorak Village.
In the early 2000s, when Swing Patrol was in its infancy, Silvers nightclub was the heart of Melbourne’s social swing dancing community. Twenty years later, we’re excited to bring swing back to this location. Classes will be taught by two of Swing Patrol’s earliest instructors – Carly Stewart and Henry K.
* Online pre-bookings essential.
In order to adhere to venue density requirements, and to facilitate contactless payment and smooth traffic flow at check-in, we require everyone to register and pay online prior to attending the class.
* Book online, pay with credit card or PayPal account.
Or, if you have a Swing Patrol Class Discount Card, you can book online by selecting the “Pair Pass with Card”, “Lead with Card” or “Follow with Card” no-cost ticket and presenting your valid Class Card at the door on the night. For a Pair Pass you need two full circles on your card for one lesson. For an individual Admit One ticket you need one full circle on your card for one lesson. You must present your card at the door before class … No Class Card=No Entry.
* Registrations are available for Pair Passes (1 Lead & 1 Follow) and for individual Leads and Follows.
So as to keep the Lead:Follow ratio workable for partner dancing, we will monitor bookings carefully and “Admit One” tickets for individual Leads and Follows are strictly limited. You don’t have to bring a partner, but if you are attending with a dance partner, please register for a Pair Pass. Your dance partner does not have to be your spouse, your relative, your housemate or best friend, or anyone you’ve regularly danced with before – only someone that you are comfortable partner dancing with in this class.
We will change partners through the class, as experience shows dancing with a variety of partners improves the learning experience. Of course, if you bring a dance partner and choose not to change partners, we completely understand, and will manage the class accordingly.
Bookings open soon for late 2021 dates … we hope!
Registrations will close at 5pm on the day of the class.
7:00pm – 8:00pm: Level 1
Casual classes, no courses, no previous experience required, all welcome! We go over the basics every lesson and add new moves every week so you can start any time that suits you.
If you’re keen to get started or want to work on your basic technique, this is the class for you.
Jacksons is a licensed venue, with a strict NO BYO policy. Drinks of all kinds can be purchased at the bar. Please do not bring your own water bottle into the venue.
The venue will be open from 5pm – perfect for a meal or a drink before class. Jacksons has a great menu.
We welcome you to stick around after the lesson, to catch up with classmates and ask questions of the teachers, and enjoy a drink or a bite to eat.
Swing Patrol and Covid Safety
Swing Patrol will take the following precautions to prioritize the safety of students, teachers and the wider community.
* DO NOT come to class if you are unwell, if experiencing any Covid symptoms, if you have been in contact with a positive Covid case or have recently been at an identified exposure site. Refunds will be available if you need to cancel due to illness/Covid Safety.
* QR code check-in is mandatory at every class, even if you have pre-booked online. Please have your smart phone with you. Our teachers or door staff can help if your phone can’t access QR code.
* Everyone will sanitise hands upon entry to and exit from the venue, and sanitiser is available for use whenever you wish throughout the class. You may wish to bring your own mini hand sanitiser to use during class, to speed up the process.
* We ask that you observe and comply with signage displayed at the venue, as we must operate in accordance with Jacksons Hotel’s Covid Safe Plan.
* Please adhere to physical distancing protocols at all times when not on “the field of play” (ie. the dance floor).
* Face Masks should be worn in accordance with current DHHS guidelines. Where masks are not mandated, attendees may choose to wear a mask at any time before, during or after class. Note that masks are not recommended when out of breath or puffing from strenuous exercise (eg. dancing) and that masks are less effective when damp. Always handle masks with care and do not dispose of your mask at the venue.
Click here to read more about Swing Patrol’s Covid Safe Plan.
Cancellations and Refunds
DO NOT come to the class if you are unwell, if experiencing any Covid symptoms, if you have been in contact with a positive Covid case or have recently been at an identified exposure site. If a pre-booking has been made, Swing Patrol will provide a full refund. Contact email@example.com
If a Teacher is unable to attend due to illness/Covid Safety, and a substitute teacher cannot be found, the class may be cancelled at short notice. Students will be contacted via booking information and via social media to advise of class cancellation. Pre-bookings will be refunded if Swing Patrol cancels a class.
Due to current density restrictions, numbers are strictly limited. Therefore, if you wish to cancel for a reason other than illness/Covid Safety, refunds are not possible without 48 hours notice as we may have turned away other dancers. Thanks for understanding.
Where applicable, a full or partial refund (less administration fee) may be available up to close of registrations, if cancelling for a reason other than illness/Covid Safety. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
After close of registration, no refunds will be issued, unless cancelling due to illness/Covid Safety.