Swing Patrol's Home Sessions features a huge variety of dance content: Lindy hop, Solo Charleston, Balboa, Shag, sl… https://t.co/jkorGkrJzi
Update April 2021Swing Patrol Yarraville is now open, with fortnightly Level 1 classes.Things will operate differently than in the pre-Covid times, so please read below for details of the changes.Please also read about Swing Patrol’s Covid Safe Plan.
Swing Patrol Yarraville reopens Thursday 8 April 2021
* FORTNIGHLTY Level 1 classes, 8th & 22nd April, 6th & 20th May … working toward weekly from June.
* Online pre-bookings essential. In order to adhere to venue density requirements, and to facilitate contactless payment and smooth traffic flow at check-in, we require everyone to register and pay online prior to attending the class.
* Book online, pay with credit card or PayPal account.
Or, if you have a Swing Patrol Class Discount Card, you can book online by selecting the “Pair Pass with Card”, “Lead with Card” or “Follow with Card” no-cost ticket and presenting your valid Class Card at the door on the night. For a Pair Pass you need two full circles on your card. For an individual Admit One ticket you need one full circle on your card. You must present your card at the door before class … No Class Card=No Entry.
* Registrations are now available for Pair Passes (1 Lead & 1 Follow) and for individual Leads and Follows.
So as to keep the Lead:Follow ratio workable for partner dancing, we will monitor bookings very carefully and “Admit One” tickets for individual Leads and Follows are strictly limited. Wherever possible, please register with a dance partner for a Pair Pass. Your dance partner does not have to be your spouse, your relative, your housemate or best friend, or anyone you’ve regularly danced with before – only someone that you are comfortable partner dancing with in this class.
Need to find a dancer partner? Try posting a comment in the Swing Patrol Yarraville Facebook group.
We will change partners through the class, as experience shows dancing with a variety of partners improves the learning experience. Of course, if you choose not to change partners, we completely understand, and will manage the class accordingly.
Bookings now open for April and May dates!
Registrations will close at 5pm on the day of the class.
7:00pm – 8:00pm: Level 1
Casual classes, no courses, no previous experience required, all welcome! We go over the basics every lesson and add new moves every week so you can start any time that suits you.
If you’re keen to get started or want to work on your basic technique, this is the class for you.
For those with previous experience in Level 1 classes, this will be a great way to brush off the cobwebs and find your feet again – we’ll have a few challenges for those ready to push themselves.
Swing Patrol and Covid Safety
Swing Patrol will take the following precautions to prioritize the safety of students, teachers and the wider community.
* DO NOT come to class if you are unwell, if experiencing any Covid symptoms, if you have been in contact with a positive Covid case or have recently been at an identified exposure site. Refunds will be available if you need to cancel due to illness/Covid Safety.
* QR code check-in is mandatory at every class, even if you have pre-booked online. Please have your smart phone with you. Our teachers can help if your phone can’t access QR code.
* Everyone will sanitise hands upon entry to and exit from the venue, and sanitiser is available for use whenever you wish throughout the class. You may wish to bring your own mini hand sanitiser to use during class, to speed up the process.
* No shared water or food, no water glasses provided, no mints or lollies/snacks. BYO water bottle.
* We ask that you observe and comply with signage displayed at the venue, as we must operate in accordance with Yarraville Masonic Halls’s Covid Safe Plan.
* Please adhere to physical distancing protocols at all times when not on “the field of play” (ie. the dance floor). Please avoid congregating indoors if possible, and consider changing shoes outside of the venue.
* Face Masks should be worn in accordance with current DHHS guidelines. Where masks are not mandated, attendees may choose to wear a mask at any time before, during or after class. Note that masks are not recommended when out of breath or puffing from strenuous exercise (eg. dancing) and that masks are less effective when damp. Always handle masks with care and do not dispose of your mask at the venue.
Click here to read more about Swing Patrol’s Covid Safe Plan.
Cancellations and Refunds
DO NOT come to the class if you are unwell, if experiencing any Covid symptoms, if you have been in contact with a positive Covid case or have recently been at an identified exposure site. If a pre-booking has been made, Swing Patrol will provide a full refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If a Teacher is unable to attend due to illness/Covid Safety, and a substitute teacher cannot be found, the class may be cancelled at short notice. Students will be contacted via booking information and via social media to advise of class cancellation. Pre-bookings will be refunded if Swing Patrol cancels a class.
Due to current density restrictions, numbers are strictly limited. Therefore, if you wish to cancel for a reason other than illness/Covid Safety, refunds are not possible without 48 hours notice as we may have turned away other dancers. Thanks for understanding.
Where applicable, a full or partial refund (less administration fee) may be available up to close of registrations, if cancelling for a reason other than illness/Covid Safety. Contact email@example.com
After close of registration, no refunds will be issued, unless cancelling due to illness/Covid Safety.
What about Level 2?
As we resume lessons after such a long, enforced hiatus, we will work toward a time in the not too distant future when we can run a thriving intermediate level class.